Old Buildings Get New Life in Santa Fe
Two buildings in Santa Fe—Marian Hall, completed in 1910, and the old St. Vincent Hospital building, completed in the early 1950s—show that old structures can be given new life. Drury Hotels is transforming these buildings, fully steeped in history, into the sleek new Drury Plaza Hotel in Santa Fe. Two blocks from the Santa Fe Plaza and adjacent to the Cathedral Basilica of St. Francis of Assisi, the Drury Plaza Hotel in Santa Fe will be the first new large hotel to open in downtown Santa Fe in 18 years. Also part of the Drury’s revival of these five acres of dormant space at the intersection of East Palace Avenue and Paseo de Peralta is the development of beautiful pedestrian walkways and gardens.
The property, which will officially open in August, will be a full-service hotel with 182 rooms, a restaurant, a 3,800-square-foot ballroom, and a year-around, heated rooftop bar and pool with stupendous views of the Sangre de Cristo Mountains. There will be retail and gallery space on the Paseo de Peralta side of the property. An underground parking garage will underlie two-thirds of the south side of the property, with new suites and gallery spaces constructed above it. But even with all of the new and existing buildings, 40% of the site is devoted to open space.