How We Find Buyers
How We Find Buyers
Finding Buyers in a Challenging Real Estate Market
To successfully market and sell properties in this challenging environment, we have designed our targeted marketing and advertising approach so that resources are directed to those areas that we know are critical in getting our listed properties effectively exposed and sold.
- Those who have previously completed transactions with us, who are back in the market.
- Those who have been referred to us by past clients and customers or by local Santa Fe businesspeople or other local contacts.
- Those who are referred to us by real estate brokers and agents from outside of the Santa Fe market. This occurs due to our long-standing memberships and involvement in several national real estate organizations including Sotheby’s International Realty (since 1984), The National Association of Realtors (since 1976) and the Residential Sales and Managers Councils (since the early 1980’s). In some years referrals from these sources have accounted for up to 25% of our business.
- Those who come to us due to our high visibility websites that attract attention from around the globe. These sites include: SothebysHomes.com, SantaFeSIR.com, SothebysRealty.com, Sothebys.com, PrimeLocation.com, wsj.com, iht.com, NYTimes.com, Realtor.com, and our personal website: NeilLyon.com (also accessed at RealEstateofSantaFe.com). We also create websites for each of the homes we market. To view an example, go to: 711CaminoCorrales.com.
- Those who come to our team through Sotheby’s International Realty because of our worldwide client base and reputation for providing market-leading services.
- Potential buyers who come to us through local brokers (via the MLS) who know that our listed properties will be well priced, shown professionally, and that negotiations will be conducted in a professional, ethical & accountable manner.
Marketing and Advertising Strategy
Knowing that we’ll reach a very large share of the buyers we work with from the above six sources, we execute a comprehensive marketing approach that targets the above groups. Following is how we do that:
- We immediately place information about a newly listed property into the Santa Fe Multiple Listing Service (MLS) database. This notifies the 657 Realtors in the Santa Fe area of the property’s availability. Our properties are professionally photographed and our ad copy is carefully written to emphasize and highlight each property’s best features.
- Within 48 hours of putting a property on the market, information about it is available on the many websites we utilize. We also create a website specific to each property which includes 3 virtual tour scenes, floor plans, plats, a printable brochure, and any other materials that convey extensive information about the property.
- By virtue of a property being in the MLS database it will be featured on Realtor.com, the most widely viewed real estate website in the world. As a participant in Realtor.com, we utilize their most comprehensive format, which allows us to place the maximum amount of information about each property on the site. This includes customized ad copy and headlines and the maximum number of photos allowed.
- We participate in the FAB Plus Featured Agent Branding Program. Benefits of the program include Featured Positioning and Agent Branding on all of these websites: AOL Real Estate, Homes.com, MSN Real Estate, Realtor.com, Trulia network, Yahoo Real Estate, Zillow network, & HGTV’s Frontdoor.com. Featured Positioning means higher search result placements while Agent Branding insures that all inquiries on your property will go directly to the Neil Lyon Group ensuring that 100% of these web leads are handled promptly and professionally by our team. The combined impact of higher search results placement and consistent agent branding on listings has been proven through online tracking reports: Listings from agents who participate in the FAB Plus Featured Agent Branding Program experienced: 270% increase in listing views & 260% increase in leads. Results for higher-end listings are even better: $1 Million+ listings are 2 times more likely to get leads. $2 Million + listings are 3 times more likely to get leads.
- We create and market The USA Report on NeilLyon.com. This report is updated weekly and shows how many properties in Santa Fe County went Under contract, Sold, or became Active on a week by week basis. The format is simple to interpret and allows buyers and sellers to easily follow current market trends in Santa Fe. The USA Report drives a significant amount of traffic to NeilLyon.com where buyers then take the time to look through our available listings.
- We produce a color brochure for each of our listed properties that displays photos, floor plans, property plats and other key property information. A brochure of this type is available on each property’s individual website.
- Our listed homes are advertised on a rotational basis in the Sunday Santa Fe New Mexican Real Estate Leader and in our monthly ad in the Santa Fe Homes Magazine, distributed in the Sunday New Mexican (first Sunday of every month, to subscribers) and in pickup boxes in and around Santa Fe.
- We conduct MLS open houses for brokers during the first MLS tour in the area of each new listing. We may place our listed properties on later MLS tours, if we feel it would be productive. A common reason to have a 2nd MLS open house would be due to a newly reduced listing price. We also include our properties in caravan tours that take place in various geographic areas.
- We discuss our listed properties with other Realtors, looking for a match with their prospective purchasers. Our properties are also included in the electronic brochures that we periodically send to the brokers in the Santa Fe market.
- Newly listed properties will be included in the next Sotheby’s publication of Santa Fe Style. Our most recent issue can be viewed at SantaFeStyleMagazine.com.
- We create and distribute a periodic “Market Briefing” newsletter that keeps us in regular contact with hundreds of our key referral contacts. The content is current and relevant and the short format makes it easy for consumers to read and immediately get a handle on what is happening in the Santa Fe real estate market.